Thursday 21 June 2018

Stouts Hill for sale!

Very suprised to see whilst reading this months edition of Cotswold Life that agents Knight Frank have Stouts Hill for sale. Further reading suggests that the time share company will cease trading and the site is for sale as a whole including the cottages that were built within the past twenty years. Price is listed as offers in excess of £2m. Here's the link:

http://www.knightfrank.co.uk/properties/residential/for-sale/uley-dursley-gloucestershire-gl11/cir160299

Alan Davis

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow 😮That would be a place to buy and use if one had the money. So full of memories for many. I see that it is under offer now. I would suspect that a hotel chain will be buying it. Wonder whether we could have any more reunions there?

Jonathan said...

Wow, thanks for this, Alan! It seems that I haven't looked at this blog for a few months, and by now your link has expired; maybe the place has already been sold.

Alan Davis said...

Hello Jonathan. It seems that I don't check it very much either to see your message! Regarding the sale, I happened to be in Uley a few weeks back and mentioned Stouts Hill to a customer (of the place I now work for) and she was of the opinion it sold quite quickly and for it to be a private residence. Whether this is accurate only time will tell. When I know more, I'll put it on here.

Jonathan said...

A private residence? Blimey. Someone with plenty of money; but why would he or she want a place that big? I suppose the buyer would probably want to redecorate and rearrange the interior extensively, which would cost more money.

It would be pretty weird to think of buying the place and living there myself, but of course I don't have the money; apart from which, the English climate's too chilly for me, and the political future of the country is all up in the air at the moment.