Saturday 3 April 2021

Rest in peace, Heneage Brooke

Marian Wood has got in touch to tell me of the unfortunate early death of Heneage Brooke (aged 64) on the 6th of March, 2021. I also heard about it earlier from Roger Knott-Fayle, without the details.

"Private funeral 12th April at 15:30 after drive through Uley. Donations to RAF Benevolent Fund. Undertakers Clutterbuck of Cam."

Heneage was at Stouts Hill from 1965 to 1970; he was two or three years younger than me, and I don't remember him from the 1960s, but I met him briefly at the 2010 reunion, and he appears in a couple of my photos of the event.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to see this, belated as this is.Thank you for all you've done with your records of the school Jonathan. It's quite poignant now to be reading through the blog.

John Arkle

Jonathan said...

Thanks, John. I see you're one of the younger ones, who attended the school in the 1970s. In fact, I'm poorly qualified to publish about it, as I attended in the 1960s, and my memory has always been poor (it's not a matter of age!). Furthermore, I lived in Nigeria throughout my time at the school, and always felt a bit detached from England (I now live in Spain). However, for whatever reason, I felt the urge to put something on the Web. If someone else can do a better job, go to it.